We are looking for part-time Escape Room Game Masters!
We are hiring Game Masters for both Puzzled Escape Rooms in Fargo, ND and Fargo Escape Room in West Fargo, ND.
In our live action escape rooms, guests work together to solve interactive puzzles against a 1-hour countdown clock. Our Game Masters help guide guests through a series of clues to solve puzzles and accomplish a goal to win the game.
If you are a prompt and responsible people person, have solid communication skills, enjoy working with a wide variety of groups and individuals, can think on your feet, readily follow detailed instructions, and have a great attitude, you might be the next addition to our team!
General Responsibilities Include:
- Welcoming guests.
- Taking payments (as necessary).
- Answering customer inquiries.
- Explaining the game’s rules, mechanics, and details to guests.
- Overseeing game play (managing time, giving hint, conducting final walk-throughs, etc.)
- Taking group photos.
- Resetting rooms.
- Maintaining prop inventory.
- Assisting with room builds.
- Performing simple custodial tasks, ensuring maintenance and cleanliness of the rooms.
Skills and Experience
- Analytical skills - if a guest presents a problem, you'll need to think on your feet to find a logical solution.
- Oral communication skills - extensive interaction with guests in person and by phone is required.
- Writing Skills - providing appropriate hints to guests during game play is crucial (not too much information, but just enough).
- Attention to Detail - the successful candidate will need a sharp eye to ensure that all props and clues are in place and ready for play, and to spot issues during game play that could require intervention by the Game Master.
- Computer Skills - our system requires basic computer knowledge and ability to use phone applications like Facebook and Instagram. Training will be available for game specific software applications.
- Weekend availability and cooperative scheduling a must.
- Additional weekday availability is a plus.